The beliefs of African Methodist are based on the teaching of the Bible and the practices of the early Christian Church.
- God is an uncreated Spirit. He is the Creator and Preserver of the universe and the Father of humankind.
- God is Omnipotent (all powerful).
- Omnipresent (ever present).
- Omniscient (all knowing).
- Jesus came to earth to reveal God to us.
- Jesus’ death our sins are forgiven.
- Power of God over death was displayed once and for all by Jesus’ resurrection.
- Holy Spirit is that part of God’s head (Holy Trinity) that comforts, directs, empowers, strengthens, and enlightens the believers.
- The Holy Spirit convicts us for our sins of omission and commission: by thought, word, and deed.
- The Holy Spirit speaks to us in our heart, “nudges” us to do the right thing and directs us in the right way.